We have been your local experts at air conditioning replacement in Hamilton since 2000. Our team explains what you need and why you need it. That includes good information to make the right decisions about your HVAC systems and ductwork.
Here’s some things that you need to know and problems you should be aware of.
Research says most duct systems are only about 60% effective. That means the flow of cool air from your air-conditioning unit isn’t always circulating like it should .
First, here are some of the consequences for having improper ductwork layout.
- You will need to look for an air conditioner replacement in Hamilton sooner than you might have otherwise. Bad ductwork means more wear and tear on your unit. It needs to work harder and run longer to compensate for the flaws in your ducts. That means you’ll experience more breakdowns and the unit will have a shorter lifespan.
- You can also have lingering hotspots during the summer and drafts and cold spots during the winter. Impeded airflow also creates a stuffy atmosphere in some rooms.
- Poor air quality is another consequence. Your family can be subjected to increased levels of pollutants and dust. Mold might even start growing with too much humidity.
Hamilton Heating and Cooling offers affordable air conditioner replacement in Hamilton services, we have over 20 years of experience and can point out the following ductwork fails that can affect the lifespan of any a/c unit.
- Leaks in the system. Most homes lose up to 40% of the air that goes circulating through the ducts. Getting them sealed will solve a big part of this problem. Your rooms will stay at comfortable temperatures without overworking your air-conditioner.
- Long runs of ductwork. Your air conditioner unit can be far away from some of the rooms that need to be cooled. If that’s the situation, it’s harder for the system to move air to that space.
- Not enough air returns. Air pressure needs to be balanced with air movement. That’s where return vents come into play. Not having enough of them is a design flaw that leads to complaints.
Our air conditioning replacement in Hamilton looks after all of the details including thorough load calculations for your cooling requirements.