Hamilton Heating and Cooling has an air conditioner replacement in Hamilton team that looks after all the details. That includes the ductwork. We also carefully go over the warranty and prepare the installation site so everything is secure.
Our number one priority is making sure our clients are happy. That’s why we want you to avoid these air-conditioner mistakes.
- Not Calculating The Right Size . It’s important to get an air-conditioning unit that matches up with the cubic feet in your new building or home. Some people think buying an oversized unit works well because the air cools more quickly. However, an air-conditioner that’s too big also extracts moisture and can make your inside atmosphere hot and sticky. Make sure to look for a unit that has a good SEER rating of 14 and higher.
- Waiting too long for air-conditioner replacement in Hamilton. Most units have a lifespan of between 10 and 20 years. Continuing to replace parts in an old air-conditioner is more expensive than purchasing a new one in the long run.
- Blocking Vents. Blocking air vents in your home causes your air conditioner to work harder than it needs to.
- Leaving Appliances Near The Thermostat. Lamps and other heat producing appliances can trick your thermostat into thinking your house is hotter than it is. That means your air conditioner can keep working until your house is cooler than you want it.
- Hiding The Outdoor Unit. Some people try and disguise the outside condenser unit by planting trees and shrubs around it. That blocks the airflow and makes it harder for your air conditioner to do its job.
- Not Changing Out The Filters. Dirty air filters restrict airflow and make the cooling system blower fan work harder than it needs to. In fact, research says this is the number one cause of air-conditioning breakdowns. What’s more, a dirty filter can cost you 7% more in energy bills. It’s a good idea to change out the AC filters in your central air-conditioning system monthly during the summer months.
Some people who live in older homes need to pay attention to their ductwork. If you live in a place that’s over 10 years old, you can lose up to 40% of your cooling dollar through gaps in the ductwork. You can feel any air that’s escaping when you turn the system on.
Ceiling your ductwork up is a big do-it-yourself job. It’s better left to our air-conditioner replacement in Hamilton specialists.