Our Air Conditioner Replacement in Hamilton services will help you to choose the right product from the brand names that we carry. We walk you through every step of the installation process including deciding on the right-sized unit.
We make sure everything fits and works properly because transparency is a big part of our business model. That’s why we’ve included these air conditioner replacement in Hamilton myths and the truth behind them.
- Turning your thermostat down helps to cool your house quickly. Lowering the temperature in any room in your house is about time. Your air conditioner will run at the same level even if you turn down the thermostat to the lowest setting possible.
- Turning off your air conditioner when you’re away at work will save on your energy bills. This is only true if you’re going to be away from home for a long period of time. Turn off your air conditioner before you go to work on a July day and the unit will need to work twice as hard to cool your home when you get back. It is a good idea to turn it up 7 to 10° when you’re going to be away for the day. That prevents any mold from forming in your house.
- It’s best to let your old air conditioner break down completely before buying a new one. Our air conditioner replacement in Hamilton technicians can tell you differently. In fact, buying a new unit can cost you more money up front, but the higher efficiency saves you money in the long run.
- Another myth is about fans and how they can keep any room in your house cooler. Fans don’t affect temperature. They just move air around. Keep in mind these have what’s called a windchill effect to cool people down but not rooms.
- Closing vents in rooms you’re not using doesn’t have the desired effect. In fact, it only builds up pressure in your ducts so your air conditioner needs to work harder.
Today’s heating and air-conditioning systems are much more efficient than they were a decade ago. The higher the SEER rating you find on the new AC, the less energy it uses and the less money it costs to operate.
There are a few things to consider about your older air-conditioner like system performance, repair costs, technology and age. Our air conditioner replacement in Hamilton technicians can help you with the right answers.